Linnette Visits "Believing Out Loud"

A Life-changing Romance
Scanning through my blog, I run across a video I posted of Steve Camp’s song, “Love That Will Not Let Me Go”. As I listen, God’s love pours into my heart and overflows into unimaginable freedom, and happiness.

In this weary world,
Chasing after dreams
Just led me back where I started
I couldn’t see my way
Or find a hiding place
For the broken-hearted
You spoke softly to my soul
And with one touch I was made whole

Chorus:
There is a love that will not let me go
I can face tomorrow because You hold me forever
Stronger than the mighty winds that blow
I’m safe within Your arms
Love that will not let me go

Lord You always knew
The road that I would take
But then you saved me just in time
And what I owe to You
I could not repay
So I pledge You my whole life
Never trusted love before
But I won’t be afraid anymore

Chorus:
Now I know that there is a love that will not let me go
I can face tomorrow because You hold me forever
Stronger than the mighty winds that blow
I’m safe within Your arms
Love that will not let me go

~ Steve Camp, Doing My Best album


I know these feelings of ecstasy won’t last forever. Life’s trials will come in and sweep them away much too easily, but for the moment I’m soaking it all in and praying that this sprouting of hope and deep abiding joy will take root. You see, God has been challenging me on a particular malady of the heart for a long time and I think I have finally - maybe, begun to grasp what he’s been trying to teach me.

“If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.”
~ Luke 14:25, ESV


Wow! That seems super extreme – especially for this loyal-to-a-fault kind of girl. What can Jesus possibly mean? His Word tells us over and over again to love one another as he loves us, so it can’t possibly mean I am to actually hate my family, can it? ...

To read the rest, visit - Believing Out Loud!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and chatting with me! I hope you enjoyed your time here and will come visit me again! :D

Linnette R Mullin