Beth Gallagher Diary Entry 138, Volume 2

January 3, 2001

Dear Diary
            My heart is breaking. I returned to the home-schooler’s resource center after Christmas break to find out my friend Connie has moved away for a while. Not her family. Just her. I don’t know what to think. She seemed happier since she’d started dating Kyle Heinrich. Why has she moved away? She didn’t even call to say goodbye. All sorts of rumors are flying around the resource center. Some say her ex got her pregnant when he molested her and they’ve shipped her off to a girl’s home. Some say she either had an abortion or tried to commit suicide and ended up in a mental hospital where nobody knows who she is. I have no idea, but my heart is breaking over the whole thing. I pray these are all just mean rumors with no truth to them. Her dad has turned hard and unhappy. Her mom seems distraught and won’t tell me what’s going on or when Connie will be home. I can’t even get an address or phone number so I can contact her to let her know I’m praying for her and I’m here if she needs me. Please, God! Please be with her. Please let her be okay!

Grieving,
Beth


4 comments:

  1. Every entry has me more intrigued with Beth! Can't wait to read the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, poor Beth! My first thought was that she was pregnant too, actually :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're responses always make me smile, Katie Cross. Every writer needs a few Katies. :D

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and chatting with me! I hope you enjoyed your time here and will come visit me again! :D

Linnette R Mullin