January 20, 2009 - A Tribute

Today is a historical day...the first day America has a black or "African America" president. It is the closing of one chapter in our history and the opening of a new. I pray that someday we will be able to look back and say this was truly a great day.

However, while most of the world is celebrating the new, I wish to acknowledge the old.

President George W Bush does not leave the presidency with thanks, but with derision. Yet, who else could have done all that he did? Who could have faced down the terrorists and held America together after that horrifying day on September 11, 2001? What a travesty! Yet, George W Bush would not be defeated, nor would he allow his country to feel defeat.

How soon we forget the evil that struck our country that day! It did not make for an easy eight years by any stretch of the imagination. Coming into the White House with a few silver streaks, he leaves completely grey. And, yet, he considers it a privilege to have served us and protected us as our commander in chief. He may have made mistakes here and there, but that just shows his humanity...he's one of us.

I would like to say, Former President George W Bush, that I am honored to have seen your day. I salute you and First Lady Laura Bush for your many sacrifices these past eight years. Thank you and God Bless you!

~Linnette R Mullin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and chatting with me! I hope you enjoyed your time here and will come visit me again! :D

Linnette R Mullin