Beth Gallagher Diary Entry 139

January 1, 2000

Teenage Josh Gallagher
            Well, dear Diary, it’s the year 2000 and the world did not come to an end!!! The computers didn’t freeze up. The lights didn’t go out. The water still comes out of the faucet. The grocery stores are open. What was all the fuss about, anyway? Okay. I admit it. I was a bit scared. Okay. So I was terrified. Actually, I was oblivious until I started paying attention to the worried adults around me the past few weeks. Mom and Dad didn’t seem that concerned, though I noticed them stocking the food pantry and buying gallons of water for “just in case”. So, I heard just enough to freak a little. Well, I’m happy to report that we had a wonderful Christmas and New Years and the world is still rotating on its axis like it has for thousands of years. Josh thought the whole Y2K scare was silly. He said, “What did people do for thousands of years before computers came into existence? We lived without them once, we can survive without them again.” Have I ever told you how smart my brother is? He’s also very kind. Even though he thought the whole thing was stupid, he prayed with me last night when I went to his room and told him I was scared. He even walked me back to my room and sat with me until I fell asleep. Isn't my Josh is the best brother ever?!

Still alive and well,

Beth


*Photo taken from Bing images.

2 comments:

  1. I was babysitting when Y2K happened so I was a bit freaked out too. I"m pretty sure my diary entry would have looked something like this :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and chatting with me! I hope you enjoyed your time here and will come visit me again! :D

Linnette R Mullin