Friday with Friends: World's Greatest Toy




The commercial called it “the world’s greatest toy”
The perfect gift for my little boy.

So into my car I did hop, to the store I did dash,
and I paid for that toy with my hard-earned cash.

I wrapped the wonderful toy in a box with a bow,
And I gave it to him with great flourish and show.

How dazzled he was, my sweet little boy,
When he tore open the box with the world’s greatest toy!

Then with a grin on his face, and a shake of his locks,
He threw down the toy—and played with the box!





~ Dave Fessenden


David E. Fessenden became an independent publishing consultant after two decades of editorial management for Christian publishers. Dave has degrees in journalism and theology, and over 30 years of experience in writing and editing. He has published five books, edited dozens, and written hundreds of newspaper and magazine articles. His first novel, The Case of the Exploding Speakeasy, is scheduled to be published next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and chatting with me! I hope you enjoyed your time here and will come visit me again! :D

Linnette R Mullin